Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will conduct the Grade-B Officer Examination in two Phase i.e Phase-I & Phase-II. So therefore those candidate who wish to appear in RBI Grade-B Officer Examination can check RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017. The RBI Grade-B Officer Exam Syllabus, for will consist the topics of General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Finance & Management etc. With the help of RBI Exam Syllabus, candidate can get idea that which topics will be covered in Objective & Subjective Paper. For topic wise complete details, you can download RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus PDF which is available on here.
About RBI Grade-B Officer Vacancy 2017 | Reserve Bank of India Officers Exam Scheme 2017
Reserve Bank of India has released recruitment notification for 161 Grade-B Officers Vacancy. The online registration has start from 03.05.2017. Those candidate who are eligible and interested for Reserve Bank of India Jobs can apply for RBI Grade-B Officer Vacancy 2017. Last date is 23.05.017. Those candidate who should have done registration on or before the last date will be applicable for RBI Grade-B Officer Examination. The Reserve Bank of India will conduct the examination in Phase-I & Phase-II. Those candidate who qualify in online examination should have appear in Interview. For RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017, you can check below.
RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017 / Reserve Bank of India Exam Syllabus Details
|Name of Organization||Reserve Bank of India|
|Also Known As||RBI|
|Total No. of Post||161|
|Name of Post||Grade-B Officers|
|Exam Name||RBI Grade-B Officer Exam 2017|
|Category||RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017|
|Status of RBI Exam Syllabus||Available|
|Official website of RBI||www.rbi.org.in|
RBI Grade-B Officer Exam Scheme & Syllabus 2017
RBI Grade-B Officer Examination will held in two Phase i.e Phase-I & Phase-II. The Phase-I (Online Examination) will comprising the multiple choice question of Objective Type. Duration of this examination will be 120 minutes. Those candidate who secure minimum marks separately for each test will be shortlisted for Phase-II examination. To know about RBI Grade-B Officer Exam Pattern & Syllabus you can check below.
RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017 for Phase-I & Phase-II Examination
Phase-I Syllabus for RBI Grade-B Officer (DR) General
General Awareness Topics :
- Banking Terms, Current Rate (Bank Rate, Repo Rate, Reserve Repo Rate)
- Currency & Capital
- Ministers and their departments
- Indian departments
- International Economy
- Books and authors
- Type of Bank
- Social function of bank
- Awards & Honors
- Current Affairs
English Topics :
- Spotting the errors
- Ordering of Sentence or Jumbled up Sentences
- Filling the blanks
- Cloze Test, Idioms & Phrases
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Misspelled words
Quantitative Aptitude Topics :
- Number System
- HCF & LCM
- Number Series
- Problem based on numbers
- Decimal and fraction
- Square and Root
- Cube Root
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit & loss
- Time and distance
- Permutation & Combination
- Data Interpretation
- Pie-Chart, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Mixed Graphs
Reasoning Topics :
- Coding & Decoding
- Blood Relation
- Number Ranking
- Time & Sequence
- Cause and effect
- Analytical Reasoning
- Sitting Arrangement
- Decision Making
- Input/ Output
- Statement & Conclusion
- Statement & Assumption
- Assertion and Reasoning, Series
- Word Formation etc.
Phase-II Syllabus for RBI Grade-B Officer (DR) General
Paper-I (Economic and Social Issues)
- Growth and Development – Measurement of growth, National Income and per capital income, Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India, Sustainable Development and Environmental Issues.
- Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Privatization, Role of Economic Planning Globalization, Opening up of Indian Economy, Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy, International Economic Institutions, IMF and Word Bank, WTO, Regional Economic Co-operation.
- Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism, Demographic Trends, Urbanization and Migration, Gender Issues, Social Justice, Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged, Social Moments, Indian Political System, Human Development, Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
Paper-II (Writing Skills)
The paper on English shall be framed in manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topics.
Paper-III (Finance and Management) :
- Financial System : Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions, Reserve Bank of India – function and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Finance Institutions-SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHM etc.
- Financial Market : Primary and Secondary Markets, Functions Instruments, Recent Development etc.
- Management : It’s nature and scope ; The Management Process ; Planning Organization, Staffing, Directing and Controlling ; The role of manager in an organization, Leadership : The task of leader, Leadership style; Leadership Theories.
- Human Resource Development : Concept of HRD, Goals of HRD, Performance Appraisal, Potential Appraisal and Development, Feedback and Performance Counseling, Career Planning, Training and Development, Reward, Employee Welfare, Motivation, Morale and Incentives.
- Communication : Steps in communication process, Communication channels, Oral verses, Written communication, Verbal versus non-verbal communication, upward, downward and lateral communication, Role of Information Technology, Corporate Governance, Factors affecting Corporate Governance, Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017 for GR-B (DR) DISM
- Paper-I (Objective Type) Statistics Syllabus : Probability, Standard Distribution, Large and small sampling theory, Analysis of Variance, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses, Multivariate analysis and Stochastic Processes.
- Paper-II (Descriptive Type) Statistics Syllabus : (I) Probability and sampling (ii) Linear Models and Economic Statistics (iii) Statistical Inference : Estimation, Testing of hypothesis and Non-parametric Test (iv) Stochastic Processes, (v) Multivariate analysis and (vi) Numerical Analysis and Basic Computer Techniques.
- Paper-III (Descriptive Type) English Syllabus : English Essay, Precis Writing, Comprehension and Business/ Office Correspondence.
RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017 for GR-B (DR) DEPR
- Paper-I : This paper will be conduct online and comprising the Objective type question of Economics/ Statistics.
- Paper-II : It will comprising the descriptive type pen/paper based examination where question will be display on computer screen. It will be conduct on 6th and / or 7th July, 2017.
- Paper-III : This paper will consist the descriptive type question on English where the candidate will be expected to type out the answer on computer.
Important links for RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017 for Phase-I & Phase-II Examination
Download RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017 PDF
People you may also check :
RBI Grade-B Officer Admit Card 2017
Conclusion : Reserve Bank of India will conduct the Grade-B Officer Examination in two phase i.e Phase-I & Phase-II. The phase-I will conduct on 17th June, 2017 and phase-II will conduct on 6th and/ or 7th July, 2017. Those candidate who are appearing in examination should have download RBI Grade-B Officer Syllabus 2017. Download link of RBI Exam Syllabus PDF is mentioned below.