- General Details of Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM 2018)
- Important Dates of IIT JAM 2018
- JAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Check Education Qualification, Age Limit & Exam Date of Joint Admission Test for M.Sc
- IIT JAM 2018 Application Fee
- IIT JAM 2018 Test Schedule
- JAM 2018 Exam Pattern
- JAM 2018 Exam Centers
- Joint Admission Test Admit Card 2018
- JAM 2018 Score Card
- How To Apply for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc ? Steps for Filling up JAM 2018 Application Form
JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is gateway to various professional courses such as M.Sc (02 Year), Joint M.Sc –Ph.D, M.Sc-Ph.D Dual Degree and Other Post Bachelor’s Degree Programmes. IITs & IISc conduct this national level of examination of JAM in rotational basis. Every year, JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is conduct in month of February, 2017. In this year, JAM is conducted in month of February by IIT Bombay. Those aspirants who want to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) & Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for various academic programmes can fill up the IIT JAM 2018 Application Form. To know about important details of Joint Admission Test (JAM-2018) – Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Exam Date, Pattern & Syllabus you can check below.
General Details of Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM 2018)
Name of Examination : JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc)
Organizing Institute : IIT Bombay
Exam Level : All India Level
Exam Type : Post Graduate Examination
Date of Examination : 11th February, 2018
Important Dates of IIT JAM 2018
|JAM 2018 Online Application Process start from||5th September, 2017|
|Last date for Submission of IIT JAM 2018 Application Form||10th October, 2017|
|Last date for Payment of Application Fee Through Online Process||10th October, 2017|
|Date of IIT JAM 2018 Examination||11th February, 2018 (Sunday)|
|Announcement of Result of JAM 2018||20th March, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on JAM 2018 Website||3rd April, 2018|
|Last date for receipt of request for change of category in proper format /|
rectification of defective document at IIT Bombay
|17th April, 2018|
|Declaration of First Admission List||22nd May, 2018|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||12th June, 2018|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||29th June, 2018|
|Closure of Admission Through JAM 2018||05th July, 2018|
JAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Check Education Qualification, Age Limit & Exam Date of Joint Admission Test for M.Sc
- Both Indian and Foreign candidate are eligible for JAM 2018.
- Candidate should have posses Bachelor’s Degree.
- Candidate who belong to General/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Category, have to get 55% aggregate marks in qualifying degree and without rounding off, 50% aggregate marks in qualifying degree for SC/ ST and PWD Category Candidate.
- Candidate appearing in final examination of their qualifying degree in 2018 are eligible to apply for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM 2018).
Programmes-Wise Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM 2018 Application Form
- For M.Sc in Biotechnology from IITB, IITI, IITR : Candidate should have done Bachelor’s Degree in any subject or Branch.
- For M.Sc in Chemistry from IITB, IITD, IITGN, IITH, IITI, IITJ. IITK, IITM, IITP, IITR, IITRPR and ITIISM : Candidate should have graduation degree in Chemistry of three year.
- Joint M.Sc – Ph.D in Geology/ Geophysics : Candidate should have done graduation in Geology as subject for three year/ six semester and two subjects among Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- For M.Sc in Mathematics from IITB, IITD, IITGN, IITI, IITJ,IITK, IITM, IITP, IITR, IITRPR : Candidate should have done Graduation Degree in Mathematics for at least two years / four semesters.
- For M.Sc in Physics from IITB, IITD, IITG, IITGN, IITH, IITI,IITJ,IITK, IITM, IITP, IITR, IITRPR, IITISM : Candidate should have done Graduation in Physics for at least two years / four semester and Mathematics for at least one year/ two semester.
For more details regarding JAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria, you can check brochure of Joint Admission Test for M.Sc which is available below.
IIT JAM 2018 Application Fee
Candidate who applying for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM 2018), have to pay an application fee though on mode mode or offline (E-challan) mode via SBI. In the online mode, application fee can be paid though Net Baking / Debit Card / Credit Card. Application Fee for different category is follows as :
|One Test Paper||Two Test Paper|
|Female (All Category)/ SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|All Other||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
IIT JAM 2018 Test Schedule
JAM 2018 Entrance Exam will be conduct on 11th February, 2018. This examination will be conduct in two session as Computer Based Mode. Schedule of different Test Paper of JAM 2018 are given below :
|Exam Date||Session||Time||Test Paper and Code|
|11th February, 2018||I||9:00 AM to 12:00 AM||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematics (MS)|
|II||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM||Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH)|
JAM 2018 Exam Pattern
- JAM 2018 Examination will be conduct Online.
- It will comprising the objective type question of multiple choice.
- Paper will be dived in three sections : A, B & C.
- There will be a total of 60 question carrying 100 marks.
- Duration of examination will be 03 Hours.
- There will be negative no marking in Section and Section C.
|Section-A||30 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Section-B||10 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Section-C||20 Numerical Answer Type|
JAM 2018 Exam Centers
JAM 2018 Examination is conducted though participation of east zones. The name of east zones and location of examination cities/ town for JAM 2018 are mentioned below. Candidate can specify their first, second and third choice at time of applying of JAM 2018 Examination. When the choice of first city is made then zone gets determined and candidate will be able to choose the second choice city from the same zone. Third choice city can be chosen from anywhere in India including from the same zone. Institute wise, name of examination city center are follows as :
- IISc Bangalore : Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur.
- IIT Bombay : Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara
- IIT Delhi : Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi
- IIT Guwahati : Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri
- IIT Kanpur : Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi
- IIT Kharangpur : Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam
- IIT Madras : Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal
- IIT Roorkee : Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee
Joint Admission Test Admit Card 2018
An admit card for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc will comprising the details like Candidate Name, Registration Number, Photograph, Signature and Name and Code of Test Paper along with Address of Test Center. It will be available for download from JOAPS website from 9th January 2018 until Exam Date. Those candidate who wish to appear in Joint Admission Test for M.Sc should have carry JAM 2018 Admit Card at the exam center. Until they will not be allowed in examination hall.
JAM 2018 Score Card
The score card of JAM 2018 Examination will be available on official website from 27th March, 2018 to 31st July, 2018. It will include the All India Ranks and Marks of qualified candidate in JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc).
How To Apply for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc ? Steps for Filling up JAM 2018 Application Form
JAM 2018 Notification has released for those candidate who want to take admission in IITs & IISc for various professional courses such as M.Sc (02 Year), Joint M.Sc –Ph.D, M.Sc-Ph.D Dual Degree and Other Post Bachelor’s Degree Programmes. Thus the aspirants who fulfill the as mentioned mentioned eligibility criteria can apply for IIT JAM 2018. Steps for filling up IIT JAM 2018 Application Form, you can check below :
- At first, you should log on Official website www.jam.iitb.ac.in.
- Then you should have click on notification of “IIT JAM 2018”.
- Read all eligibility criteria.
- If you are eligible then click on “JAM 2018 Apply Online” link.
- Fill the details correctly without any mistakes.
- Upload the scanned image of photo & signature in application form.
- After it, you should recheck all given details.
- Then you should make the payment of fee.
- After the submission of fee, click on “submit” button.
- Then take the print out of application form for future use.
JAM 2018 Notification and Apply Online link
Brochure of Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM 2018)
IIT JAM 2018 Application Form
Conclusion : JAM 2018 Exam Notification has released on official website. Those aspirants who are willing to take admission in IITs & IISc for various professional courses such as M.Sc (02 Year), Joint M.Sc –Ph.D, M.Sc-Ph.D Dual Degree and Other Post Bachelor’s Degree Programmes can apply for JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc). Last date for submission of IIT JAM 2018 Application Form is mentioned above.