As we all know that Common Law Admission Test is going to take place on 14th May, 2017. For the session 2017-2018 it will be organized by Chankya National Law University (CNLU). Applicants who wish to take part can fill CLAT Admission Form 2017. But before that participant should check CLAT Eligibility Criteria so that application form will not be rejected. Here we are providing the candidates complete CLAT UG & PG Admission Criteria. Please read the Law Entrance Exam Qualification, Age Limit and off course the CLAT 2017 Selection Process.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria for LLB & LLM Students | CLAT UG & PG Admission Criteria:-
CLAT Eligibility for Undergraduate (UG) Program :-
The 18 National Law University known as NLU’s has programmed 05 year integrated programs for Under-Graduate students. This will result in the granting the Law Graduate Degree to the participants on the following parameters :
- Applicants should be 10+2 (Intermediate Exam) pass with minimum 45% marks. The percentage is applicable for candidates of Unreserved Category like General/OBC & SAP (Specially Abled Person).
- If applicants are from Reserved Category like Scheduled Caste (SC) & Scheduled Tribe (ST) then they should have 40% marks in 12th Exam.
- Applicants who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2017 are also eligible to fill CLAT Admission Form 2017.
- However the applicants who are appearing in the qualifying examination need to produce evidence for the same.
- The minimum age of the participants belonging to the Unreserved category is 20 year and for Reserved category it is 22 year as on 01.07.2017.
- The applicants need to submit the CLAT 2017 result at the time of CLAT Admission 2017. Those who fails to produce their CLAT Result 2017 will not be considered for CLAT 2017 Admission.
- In case of equal marks obtained by the multiple applicants the breaking of Tie shall be like this :
(i) Higher Marks in the selection of Legal Aptitude CLAT-2017 Exam
(ii) Higher age
(iii) Computerized Draw of Lots
CLAT Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Programs :-
Applicants should check the below mentioned parameters to grab CLAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate LLM Program. Applicants who satisfy the below mentioned criteria only such applicant’s CLAT 2017 Application Form will be accepted.
- Applicants who are attending the CLAT 2017 Examination must have secured 55% marks in LLB/ LLB (Hons.)/ any other equivalent exam. This criteria is applicable for Unreserved category applicants.
- Participants who belongs to the Reserved Category need to obtain 50% marks in Graduation of qualifying examination.
- The candidates must have appeared in the Final Semester/ Final Year of the qualifying examination on the date of CLAT Admission 2017.
- Applicants if have appeared in the qualifying examination then they need to submit the Result in time frame otherwise will not be considered for admission.
- The breakage of Tier is as follows :
(i) Higher Age
(ii)Computerized draw of lots
- There will be no upper age for the applicants checking the CLAT Eligibility Criteria.
So this is the overall CLAT Eligibility Criteria. Applicants should carefully check all the details and then they should apply for CLAT Examination. Also you need to first fill up the CLAT 2017 Admission Form to attend the CLAT 2017.